Wednesday 18 September 2013

A CHILD'S DILEMMA



UNDERSTANDING MAMA AND PAPA                     
          
A CHILD'S DILEMMA 

Being very small ,I am at a great loss ,
Understanding my  mama and papa 
Is like trying to please a demanding boss,
This dear friends is my amazing saga.

I am a small little girl only six years old,
When I want to do things I like on my own,
They say you are too small ,I often get a scold,
Advising me not  to venture in such things alone .

When they want me to do things I shun,
They state now you are grown up enough ,
This  type of behavior  is just not done,
They  reprimand me  and start acting tough.

When I am home and spend time watching cartoons,
They  grumble that I should spend more time outdoors,
When I am  playing outdoors in the afternoons,
They scold for neglecting studies and bringing bad scores.

My hand  writing needs to improve they said ,
I practiced  writing daily  till they said okay,
And now its my bad spellings  they dread,
Maths needs more  practice ,is what they said today.

I just overheard their heated  discussion,
On  blaming each other as to who spoils me,
Realizing this could have serious repercussions ,
I  hugged and kissed them before they could disagree .

I know what they want from me  is for my good ,
Their concern for me ,is what needs to be understood .
God please guide me to be well behaved and worthy,
And  never give any body a chance to say I am not earthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment