Tuesday 25 February 2014

SEA WAVES


I stepped out of the corniche park on to the sea shore and sat quietly barefooted on the rocks dwelling within and looking at the waves which came and went  nonstop .
I was healing slowly I had forgiven myself and others but I just could not forget . How do I forget ?how can I stop my mind to dwell on what had happened . 

Sitting alone by the seashore  my mind continued to be in a  turmoil  as I saw  the roaring waves break and spread their waters swiftly over the shore. One after another they amassed themselves and fell , the spray tossed itself back with the energy of their fall and drenched me partly .The waves were deep blue  changing colors with the reflection of the sun .They seemed to have diamond-pointed light on their backs which rippled as they moved on The waves fell, withdrew and fell again .

Just like the sea waves  my mind  waves were changing  their color and shape every minute like a  chameleon . The sea waves flowed steadily but my mind waves  often wavered  and  became unsteady . God was giving me a message to steady my mind like the  steady flow of the sea waves ....imploring me to learn from them .

The feeling of the icy cold water on my feet on each rising  wave coming towards me was cooling . I spotted a  small fish which had been lashed on to the shore .It was quivering as if out of breath , I quietly picked it up and gently let it flow into the water . My thoughts  just flowed ..........

SEA WAVES 

Siting  alone by the sea shore 
I wondered  what  the  sea waves  were trying to say?
Their  loud roar suggested ,they  had nothing to hide 
or was it just  an  awkward overplay
to bury their emotions in the noise of the incoming tide ?

I wondered  if  they were shielding their  wounds ?
Trying to drown their  hurt and their painful cries ,
in the din  of the waves traveling on the rebound,
with the sea water jumping with every fall and rise .

I wondered if they were  smiling and hugging,
and lilting to the music created by the speedy water flow ,
happily swaying ,dancing and singing 
as they ran playfully high  and low .

I wondered  where each wave  was going ahead?
Far into the  horizon  disappearing  away ,
chasing each other in the huge sea spread,
following each other in a graceful sway .

I wondered   if the waves which came back to the shore 
Were the same  which had been here before ?
Why were they  always rolling above and below 
as if searching for their lost love in the prancing water flow 

I wondered  at this God  created mystery ?
What is  actually the  sea waves  real history ?
Like the lofty sea waves ,my mind also swayed ,
sometimes it soared high and sometimes it just caved,

I wondered why my mind played such games ? 
Why doesn't it  embrace a calm and  still frame ? 
That's when  I prayed to the Almighty Creator 
God  give me enough  courage and strength
to keep my mind  at a steady positive wavelength.
This illusionary world is full of suffering and pain ,
let  me be a happy soul and forget life's losses and gains .

Pushpa  Chaturvedi 

1 comment:

  1. That's a lovely piece of writing, Pushpa di. Loved to read it and could connect with it.

    ReplyDelete