Saturday 10 May 2014

MOTHERHOOD IS SPIRITUALLY ENRICHING

      MOTHERHOOD IS SPIRITUALLY ENRICHING   

One of the greatest miracle of God on this earth is experiencing the joys of pregnancy ,child birth and motherhood ."In my flesh I see the mark of God".Pregnancy is a sacred and a magical state.  It is a time when the woman feels the presence of another soul developing alongside her own. Women become aware that life is a continuum and  they experience a bodily sense that everything around them is alive.

The transition from Maiden to Mother is a part of spiritual growth .It is one of the greatest thresholds women ever cross. It is truly a  Gods gift that heralds women  to blossom  into fullness more than one could ever imagine. 

Childbearing enriches  spirituality .Pregnancy and  childbirth makes the woman and her family grow closer to God. Religious beliefs , scriptures and rituals become powerful coping mechanisms and seem to be more meaningful
The significance of a Higher Power in 
influencing birth outcomes, and childbirth as a spiritually transforming experience is felt .

All the qualities of childbearing and motherhood are inherent in women as  women have been walking on this road of giving birth to a new life  from the beginning of time. They only need to open up to that  power already in them and listen to their  inner wisdom and strength and believe in their capabilities .


 When a woman is grounded spiritually, pregnancy and childbirth give her grace and power  even when under pressure. Her spiritual resources help provide her with a level of inner peace and harmony to allay her fear. For this labour of love  they must be brave, be true with 
a loving open heart and nurture beautiful divine thoughts so as to bless the new generation of angels to walk this earth with divine virtues  imbibed when in the mothers  womb.....garbha  sanskars 

Acceptance of ones own pain and suffering  is a means to spiritual perfection and growth Perhaps the excruciating pain of labour serves  this purpose and is also a measure to increase the bonding and attachment between the mother and baby. These purposes are slowly being lost by women opting for painless labour 
rather then natural birth .


The mounting intensity of labour pain makes the woman in labor to  forced complete surrender  of  her body and will ,dissolving her 
ego ideas and familiar sense of " self ". There is 
no fear of dying because there is no " self  " to resist and fear . She is totally engrossed at that moment in the well being and  love of her about to be born  baby .Birthing is the most profound initiation to spirituality a woman can have. At that transcendent moment the laboring woman becomes birth herself . Perhaps 
this represents the spiritual birth of a woman into a mother .

On the occasion of Mother's Day falling  on the 11th  of  May there can be no better way to pay our tribute ,respect ,love  and remember our mother , sense her joy 
on nurturing us with 
loving care inside her womb for nine months ,going through the pangs of labour and being 
there for us at  all times with her unconditional love to care and guide us into adulthood  and beyond .

The pain of childbirth and the trials and tribulations of bringing up her child are not remembered by her ,it is the child instead who is always  remembered by the mother .A mother carries her baby inside her for nine months,in her  arms for three years,and in her heart until the day she dies 

There would be no better way to conclude than to share this poem on the joys of pregnancy as 
experienced by a would be mother .



  1. GODS AWESOME CREATION OF LOVE ..
  2. MY PRETTY ANGEL  

  3. The day I discovered you were in me
  4. I thanked The Almighty for His kind mercy 
  5. Dear God this gift makes me feel wholesome 
  6. there is nothing more beautiful then to be a mum .

  7. Immersed in creating a new life feels awesome 
  8. my body mind and soul rejoice making me numb 
  9. my world will be full of pleasant changes for sure 
  10. life will soon be full of  baby laughter and cheer .

  11. Your dad and your granny  are fussing over me 
  12. to keep me as healthy and happy as can be 
  13. for now that my love you are growing inside 
  14. I need more strength this just cannot be denied 

  15. Caressing with love my growing baby bump 
  16. I cherish the sensations when you kick and jump 
  17. Day by day you are growing  big and big 
  18. from my middle into my sides you have begun to dig.

  19. I saw you my pretty angel relaxing snug and smart 
  20. Amazing USG ,I even heard your tiny ticking heart 
  21. People ask me if you are a boy or a girl 
  22. I wonder if you have those soft pretty curls !!!

  23. You are  Gods tiny miracle hidden inside 
  24. another  month to go and you can no longer hide  
  25. you are my flesh and blood in an angels disguise 
  26. my love just flows with tears of happiness in my eyes 

  27. You are the awesome creation of love and light  
  28. I am longing to see your innocent face shining bright 
  29. it want be long before I can look into your eyes 
  30. waiting patiently for the day to hear your first cries 

  31. With your first cry I will thank God with tears of joy 
  32. It will never ever matter if you are a girl or a boy 
  33. I hope one day you will be proud of your mother 
  34. For my dear little angel there can be no other 
  35. who loves and adores you like your mother ! 

  36. Pushpa  Chaturvedi 

No comments:

Post a Comment