Saturday 2 April 2016

SEA SAND



SEA SAND 

The sea beach is one of my favorite places to spend hours with myself. .Its something much more then just sitting and gazing at the waves ,the crystal sand ,the golden sun rays and the far away mystic horizon. Have you ever thought why we are so happy at the beach ? The sounds of crashing waves are like repetitive gentle bass beats which dispel stress and bring a blissful state of calm.I love the sea waves for many reasons but today my mind is talking to the beautiful sand which is caressing my bare feet .

I love the silvery sand for its smell and vulnerability to be tossed,trampled, caved ,mounted and moulded by the vagaries of nature and still it stands as a barrier between the sea and the land telling us all is well take it in your stride .Building sand castles on the beach is my passion .It brings out the child in me to feed my imagination and creativity ,it is so much fun and gives joy and happiness .When they are washed away by the high tide i feel sad but the slippery sand still hugs my feet with the same love and warmth and whispers ...go on walking my dear don't feel sad ,foot prints on the sand are not from an eternal soul but from a perishable body so they will be washed away! 

It was during one such moment that my mind dwelled on the mystery behind this gritty nitty vulnerable entity which stands out on its own gracefully in this awesome beauty of nature ....

SEA SAND 
Soaking in the sunshine walking on the beach 
Picking up the sun kissed sand within my reach 
I admire its snow white crystal shine 
and the beautiful sandy stretched coastline 

As the gritty stuff lovingly gets in between my toes 
I wonder if it is ready to share its many woes 
nature undergoes changes without a shudder 
while humans tremble at each changing weather 

Once a part of a beautiful boulder proud and strong 
Enjoying being washed by sea water singing a song 
It was slowly and painfully pulverized by the storm 
It's tiny parts tossed by the waves which came along 

It endured all in silence knowing this is providence 
now it keeps on rolling joyfully with the sea waves in alliance 
Caving in and out and being driven from shore to shore 
This pain it undergoes without settling any score 

Despite this the  sand still loves the storms and the waves like before 
Surrendering happily to what its creator has in store
Picking it with both hands I kiss the golden sand passionately 
For teaching me to surrender and baring my soul happily

To get irritated by every storm that hits us 
Is never ever going to make our life kiss us 
life is full of struggles challenges and adventure 
Do your best without losing your faith and remember   
lets confront life smilingly with acceptance and surrender!!!

All rights reserved @ Pushpa Chaturvedi 

No comments:

Post a Comment