Friday 3 March 2017

IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS THAT MATTER THE MOST




It's the little things that matter the most ! 

As I walk barefoot on the sea shore 
I realize why little things matter more 
On gathering tiny tiny pebbles buried 
in the sand  why does happiness soar? 

I hear the ocean whisper in love 
to the myriad  dancing waves above 
A new  endearing relationship starts  
as they unite their pure beautiful hearts 

I feel the gentle cool breeze  ooze calm 
erasing  all  negatives with a positive charm 
nurturing the beauty of the soul within 
Happiness  and joy stealthily flows in 

I see the Palm tress nod sing  and prance 
Whispering sweetly "take a chance "
It's the small things that matter they say 
let go the  heavy mind clutter  and sway 

I sense  gritty sand cling to my feet 
Says  don't shake me away I am here to greet 
How ever tiny i may be in this vast space 
There is a lot of strength hidden in my grace 

Oh no ! 
I believe I nearly stepped on a slimy snail 
Don't hurry and scurry Is what I heard it say  
It's these small things that matter in life 
Being slow and steady is the mantra to rise 

I beam a hello to a stranger and make him smile 
It's these little things that matter all the while 
engrossed in a book perched on a sand dune 
Looking up he says "cheers "in a sweet tune ! 

I see the twilight turn into a beautiful starry night 
darkness around  make the stars shine bright 
these small things have lessons  hidden in them 
It's these small lessons which make us humane 

Yes oh Yes ! 
it's these simple little things that matter most 
Spread love and forgive all with equipoise
See God  in all  his creations big and small 
Listen and learn to be happy from them all 



All rights reserved @ Pushpa Chaturvedi 



1 comment:

  1. They look small things but.....when they give us...a beaming joy.....and take us beyond ......a never ending experience...
    They are amazing.....

    ReplyDelete