Friday 3 March 2017

The wrong road.....




The wrong road 

I was enjoying walking 
along the sea shore 
digging my bare feet 
in the moist sand below 

Hey! you are on the wrong road  
came a voice from afar 
just come over here 
on  this concrete footpath 

But ! I said ..life is so sweet 
on this soft damp sandy beach 
the hard  heated cement 
just burns my bare feet 

Unmindful I stumbled 
on a big pebble on the sand 
fell forwards on my knees 
with my outstretched hands 

The soft wet sand protected 
me from being hurt n bruised 
had I fallen on the hard road 
i would have  bled n oozed 

When we love the softness around
our hearts  expand n mellow down 
absorbing gentle  vibes abound 
Smilies take over many a frown

Virgin nature's path is all I seek 
it keeps me grounded to reality of life 
this man made road makes me weak 
its full of  ego greed and pride 


No matter how long you've been 
walking on the wrong  descend 
it's never too late to take a u turn 
wake up and cross over at the bend 

When we ignore the outside noise 
our soul walks listening  intently 
to its powerful soft inner voice 
on the right road of love n light ! 

All rights reserved @ Pushpa Chaturvedi 




No comments:

Post a Comment