Friday 3 March 2017

RISE.....DO NOT FALL ...



Rise ...do not fall ....


I wondered beyond closed doors ,

into the sunny  open meadows

basked in d' warmth  of d' earth ,

It felt cozy n' warmer than any hearth


I heard d' humming of d' bees
birds tweeting sweet melodies 
juicy sap running through trees 
carrying umpteen memories 

I realize suddenly ...Nature  n' me ..
we've  never been separate entities  
We're One , I am a part of Nature 
and Nature , an integral part of me 

For we're all made of the same stuff 
n' we end up in the same earthy trough 
We're made of five elements of Nature 
Namely ..Earth ,Water ,Fire ,Air  n'  Ether ! 

We emerge from d' womb of fertile Nature 
n' we'll merge back into d' tomb of Nature 
its a shame ,that we erode Nature when alive 
we ruin that very Nature ,that gives us life 

Aren't fragrant flowers our caring sisters 
the eagles flying high ,our wise brothers 
d' earth we bow to n' kiss ,our loving mother 
Mother earth nurtures us in every weather 

I heard d' murmurs of cascading falls 
weren't they our protective father's calls ?
flowing undeterred like  blood, giving life 
for without water can we ever survive ? 

I smile n' sigh as d' wind whistles by 
I silently, breathe in n' breathe out air 
Its  d' very reason of our being alive
an unconscious magical way of life 

You pollute devastate and destroy land 
You sell your Mother Earth with your hands 
you decimate  your very spiritual kith n kin 
to fulfill your worldly desires you willingly sin 

Oh Savages ! don't hold Nature in your thrall
Hark ! listen to your soul's ardent  call 
Nature ,thou art precious n' sacred  to us all 
Oh ! Man protect Nature......rise ..do not fall !




All rights reserved @ Pushpa  Chaturvedi 

No comments:

Post a Comment