Saturday 22 December 2012

A PLEDGE

   

Late  in the evening ,
Sitting in the garden ,
Dreaming  and  introspecting.
Talking to my self.
Disturbed  by a gentle voice,
Coming from the beautiful date tree by my side .

Tall and stately  laden with dates,
Some still yellow , 
Some turning  mellow,
Spreading its lovely leaves up so high ,
As if trying to kiss the sky.

It was a pleasant surprise ,
To hear its sweet voice.
It said to me,you sit by my side daily,
I know  you thoroughly,
Today listen to my story closely.

I am 20 years old ,over the years ,
I have seen heat , sand and gold.
Whatever be the weather,
I  have always stood straight .
Till I am alive I will give shade and sweet fruits,
After my death my body and roots,
Will become roofs,boats,baskets and ropes,
Giving many of you good life and many hopes.
God has blessed me to serve you in life and death.

Now I pondered in my heart !
The lovely lesson that it taught.
I prayed to God,
God give me the  same strength ,
Till I am alive ,
To serve and love all,
And never  to bend  and  fall .
On my death,
 Donate my  body parts to friends in need
A lovely golden gesture indeed.
Friends let us all pledge to do the same ,
Our  life after death will continue to be a lighted flame .
     
           
    










No comments:

Post a Comment