Saturday 15 December 2012

WIND AND SAND


               



Walking along on this windy day ,
Wonder  what  mischief the wind is about to play.
The powerful breeze  blows my hair on to my eye,
I try hard to push them ,to look up at the blue sky.

My skirt is blowing up ,I sigh!
My scarf  is also flying so high .
My hands get busy keeping them in place ,
As i try hard to walk along with full grace .

I can now sense a sand storm ahead ,
The cars have slowed  as they dread ,
The sand mountains in sight seem to erode ,
Waves of sand are  now riding on the road .

The  wrappers thrown on the wayside ,
Are drifting with the wind and seem to glide .
Hardly a day to be on a walk,
My footsteps quicken towards my house block .

The wind and the sand are dancing together,
Making merry in this  chilly weather .
Care free and happy they embrace and make love,
Singing  the glory of the almighty above .









No comments:

Post a Comment