Friday 7 December 2012

GROWING UP WITH NATURE

                                 


I grew up amidst abundant nature around me,
Green grass,shrubs and  many a shady tree,
Our house was  far away form  the hustle bustle of the city ,
 Surrounded by the vast rice fields , looking ever so pretty.

I loved the lovely   huge lake   across  the road,
The water  was  so clear as it  rhythmically flowed,
It's beauty  was multiplied when the water Lilies  bloomed,
The atmosphere around it was  as if perfumed .

Me and my friends loved to sit on its banks ,
Especially  on the charming  moonlit nights ,
Enjoying together and sharing our pranks ,
Along with the delicious and luscious food bites.

Life was adventurous when we climbed trees ,
Plucked guavas , mangoes  and  litchis ,
Up in the sky , enjoying the cool breeze ,
I wonder now, how we did all that with such  great ease .

The long lonely roads were great cycling tracks ,
In groups we went cycling  for many a miles,
Carrying our rations in our back packs,
 Meeting the villagers  and exchanging   wide smiles.

My heart fills with  joy on reminiscing  those days,
The cherished growing up pleasures should never ever faze ,
Life was so simple ,carefree  and  great ,
A world without  TV,  play station and  net ,
Those days were  blessed ,  I can never ever forget.


 ( Back ground -As my father was a soil scientist I spent my childhood in    
       various  agricultural Institutes  in India )





















No comments:

Post a Comment