Monday 24 December 2012

THE SEA AND ME










On my trip to Mauritius,


The  adventures at sea were  calling me to play ,
I was longing to listen to what they had to say,
 I indulged in the escapades shedding my fears at bay .

The banana boat ride we took in threes,
Harnessed well and reclining with ease .
In great speed it swayed me to and fro,
Exhilarating fun,fast and on the go,
I shrieked and shouted  ,slow, please go slow ,
The sudden turns nearly threw me into the deep sea ,
That was the time I prayed ,God be with me .

My chance to fly as a bird I just could not miss,
Parasailing solo above the vast waters with wind around to kiss,
The strong sea breeze carried me mighty high ,defying gravity,
A daring  ,dynamic ,adrenaline rushed unforgettable activity .
Thrilling and breathtaking was the vast ocean from above ,
With joy in my heart and a song on my lips ,
I swung my feet in the sky and waved  with cheer and love .

The most amazing was the under sea walk ,
Big and small fishes for company to embrace and talk .
With heavy safety helmets to provide oxygen below ,
I was lowered  into the deep sea bed  sandy floor,
The  soothing sight around was a completely new world ,
There were corals amidst many seaweeds  all curled ,
I fed the golden  fishes and touched the  beautiful coral reef,
Oh my God ,here I felt as weightless as a dried leaf .

The deep mystery of the sea was further unveiled ,
When a dream underwater ride in a real submarine I availed .
At a depth of  35 meters under the sea ,
I stared into the crystal clear Indian ocean water with great glee,
I discovered the rich deep sea marine life of fishes ,
Seeing the sprawling exotic corals  fulfilled my wishes .
My joy knew no bounds when the captain on board,
Invited me to steer the underwater ship  as my reward .

I wondered at the beautiful and  amazing life I saw,
I will never forget all that I admired with great awe !!
The life under sea is incredibly diverse and wow , so aha !!!




Footnotes:-
I visited Mauritius in June 2012 
This is a true description of what I experienced  on the sea .








































No comments:

Post a Comment