Friday 22 March 2013

LOVE YOUR BRAIN






I resemble the two halves of a walnut ,
But i can be very intelligent ,far from being  a nut ,
I help  you to visualize, read and understand  
All these activities in my lobes are well planned,
Each part of me  has specific duties assigned,
Connecting neurons and nerves helps them to work combined .

The more you use me ,the stronger I will become,
Don't just sit and watch TV,it will make me a lazy bum ,
Solve puzzles and sudoku ,these brain games are exciting,
Read  intelligent books and  do some creative writing,
Pursue new  avocations,I love those positive vibrations ,
These perk me to the top,my wiring gets new connections.

Exercise is what I love very very much,
A brisk walk or an aerobic activity,
Increases my blood flow  instantly,
Giving me plenty of fresh oxygen and glucose,
Heart ,kidneys and lungs  also appreciate  it with kudos,
Endorphins the wonder hormones are  cajoled to be released ,
They boost my energy and are a super duper feel good feast .

Yoga and meditation keeps my thoughts balanced,
Helps me to keep calm on facing  life's challenges ,
Assists me to get rid of the unnecessary clutter,
and to avoid the temptations of materialistic flutter .
My attitude and thinking gets a positive lift,
My highs and lows are accepted as gods gifts 

I love veggies,fruits ,nuts and whole grains,
Go slow on  carnivorous  food  to reduce my pains,
I love glucose derived from nutritious foods,
So avoid  simple glucose to lift your moods.
Smoking I dislike ,its chemicals increase my activity,
Increases heart rate and blood  pressure 
and unfriendly for lungs and heart in equal measure .

Alcohol makes me crazy and confusing ,
I get disorientated and different while boozing ,
I sometimes make you act weird and very bad,
Its effects on family and the community are sad,
I loose balance,fall and stumble over chairs,
It also affects the heart and kidneys unawares .

Happiness is the best tonic for my health,
It works wonders when combined with spiritual wealth,
I store evidence of what keeps you  happy  and smiling,
Keep on listening to me,your heart will always be shining,
Compassion,love ,care and share are worth a billion dollars,
I also have the spark in me to make you a brilliant scholar.

My mysterious working is quite intriguing, 
The complex activities I  to do are truly amazing,
Infections ,trauma,tumors ,malformations make me sick,
With advancing age  Alzheimer's and dementia are a risk ,
Psychiatric illnesses  can be very distressing ,
Your love and care for me will certainly be refreshing .

Take good care of me my dear loving  friend,
No one else can replace me ,I hope you comprehend .

























No comments:

Post a Comment