Saturday 2 March 2013

YOUNG AT HEART



Growing old ,my thinking changed and  matured,
At 20 I wondered what  others thought of  me ,
At 40 I didn't  care what they thought of me ,
Beyond 60 I realized they had never being thinking of me .

My  cute chubby face of an innocent child  ,
As a teen become naughty  ,perky and wild,
Entering the 20's it was radiant,charming and lovely,
By 40 I wanted  my great looks to remain till eternity.

Crossing 60's the lines on my face gave my age away ,
All my efforts to look young ,failed to my dismay!!!
Wisdom strokes  gave my face a wise unique style,
My wrinkles were  now my permanent antique smiles .

Jumping ,hopping ,skipping  and running was such fun,
Dancing  and jogging  I loved and never shunned,
Now  its walking and walking miles  on the plains,
My joints occasionally misbehave ,creak and pain.

Funny , I am still not absent minded,
For sudoku challenge ,I don't have to be reminded ,
My inside just  doesn't match my mirror reflection,
Growing old from the outside ,with my heart still young ,
My heart steers my life, my mind follows with affection .

Taking up new challenges  is what  my heart desires,
Age is no bar for what my body and soul  aspires !!!

Foot notes :-
Growing old is mandatory ,
Growing up is optional .
Growing old is a habit busy people don't have time for.
In fact as we grow older the child in us emerges again ,
After all our heart beats are same as that of a teenager !!!




















No comments:

Post a Comment