Tuesday 5 March 2013

ONCE UPON A TIME MACHINE


The basement was dingy and dark,
I stumbled  and fell  while exploring
on a sharp elevated  wooden bark 
and with a sudden jerk I started soaring.

The room now looked dazzling and lighted,
I heard  "welcome to the  one hour time machine"
"To good times in your life ,you are invited"'
"Enjoy your past , after the light turns green"

I become  a gurgling baby in my mama's  arm,
I kiss my papa on getting a warm loving hug,
I am  playing with my brothers  on the farm,
A  night out with  friends  chatting under the rug .

Getting  prizes  on the annual school day,
Being awarded accolades  at college functions ,
Looking fresh and  lovely like the  morning sun ray,
Is this really me at this beautiful life's junctions?

My  charming love life has  just begun ,
Our sweet  whirlpool romance is such fun,
At last we are legally announced to be one,
It feels like owning the moon and the sun .

Our very own bundle of joy is in your arms,
I  enjoy seeing you changing his first nappy,
Oh my god , he purges again on your forearm ,
You make a funny face and laugh aloud feeling happy.

Our two rowdy boys have teamed up with you,
I have my hands full looking after my naughty crew,
The mischievous teasing and laughter in view ,
 Feels  nice like my yummy  delicious  hot coffee brew.

Oh my God !suddenly I come diving down ,
Flung  into stark scary darkness  around ,
The bright green light I can no longer see,
I sit on the rough floor bending on my knee.

 I  scream at the mysterious time machine ,
"How could you be so  cruel  and unkind?
My heart still yearns for more such scenes,
Please take me again on this fantastic rewind!!!"





















No comments:

Post a Comment