Saturday 9 March 2013

WHATSAPP






"Whatsapp" said my teenager grandchild,
I said "nothing much dear " and just smiled,
His friends gave me a questioning stare,
Some even made funny faces sitting there.

I realized my ignorance in this Internet age,
My response thus I guessed was out of gage,
WhatsApp was not an update on the social scene ,
But was a instant chat app on a smartphone screen!!!

Now I knew why the youngsters sat with bended heads ,
While they swiped screens with their fingers spread .
That's what tempted me to purchase a smart phone,
The seed of discarding  my old phone had now been sown .

A survey for the best valued piece thus began,
Confused  and retarded I kept on changing my plan,
Swallowing my pride I trusted the salesman,
A smart phone was at last   in my hand then!

They said my model could have been more smart and  sleek ,
After spending so much time and money I felt like a geek,
After a week of  peep in others life by constant texting,
I felt it was a waste of time ,tiring and quite perplexing.

However I feel great when in my day to day conversation,
I casually mention "whatsApp" my mind gets an adulation,
And when I hear somebody ask me  "what's that?"
I make a funny face and proudly say "oh that's a chat"

Foot notes:-
You may laugh at what I have to say ,but then ...........
I confess I have just become smart ,no not in my head, but with a smart phone in my hand which practically does  everything except putting me to sleep.
Yes  being young at heart  inspired me to become gadget savvy,so its whatsapp  now .........Lol :-)








No comments:

Post a Comment