Sunday 31 March 2013

UNLUCKY ME





Luck is  many a splendoured  thing,
How I wish I could enjoy a lucky swing,
But luck seems to always run out on me,
It evades me so narrowly ,you will agree.

Lottery luck has never been mine,
Sad to hear that the winning number 
was one less  then mine,
First 100 shoppers are  to shop free,
I rush  to shop but alas I am 101 on the list I see!

Scratch and win,I pray to win a TV,
My friend with me wins a home theatre free,
I scratch my head  with a jealous look,
My confidence  is shattered and it shook .

I enter a  lucky draw on  purchasing  an I pad,
The winner is my neighbor,so very very sad.
My favorite cakes are  distributed free,
On reaching the counter ,
"the last one has just  been given away"they tell me,

All ready to  answer the radio quiz show  question right,
But alas! my mobile goes silent ,I curse ,cry with all my might.
I run to catch the last late night bus to  reach home,
I see the bus depart ,missing it by 5 seconds,a real shame.

But one thing I know for  sure which  is true
My Luck runs out,  but Gods blessings never do.




No comments:

Post a Comment